Saturday 2 April 2011

My interest in football

I first started to like football when I was about 7/8 years old. I got interested due to RTM and mainly because of 2 things : the occasional live telecast of international matches involving Malaysia and the weekly Big League Soccer program involving English Div.1 matches. Those were back in the late 1970s !

Since then I have become a fan of English club Tottenham Hotspur and a few national teams like Argentina and Mexico until now. I was also a keen follower of Malaysian league and national teams. I was a fan of Kuala Lumpur in the Malaysia Cup. But my interest in the Malaysian football got affected due to the corruption scandal in the mid 1990s. When many Malaysian players got arrested due to the scandal, I lost interest and faith in Malaysian football. I only started to follow back Malaysian football due to the excellent performance of the national team since 2009. Malaysian team coach K.Rajagobal deserves full credit for bringing back the old glory days by winning the Sea Games 2009 gold medal and the 2010 AFC Cup.
Well done Mr.Rajagobal !

No comments:

Post a Comment