Monday 29 August 2011

Selangor winger Amirulhadi wants to score more goals

Malaysian and Selangor winger Mohd Amirulhadi Zainal is still not satisfied with his performance despite scoring a goal in the 1-1 draw against Negri Sembilan in a friendly match at the Paroi Stadium on Saturday.

Selangor coach K. Devan have been tinkering his under-performing front line and have opted to deploy the pacy flanker to play a more offensive role and spearhead Selangor’s attacks for the Malaysia Cup scheduled for next month.

Selangor have been far from impressive this season and are now left with a serious problem in attack following the departure of national striker Mohd Safee Sali to Indonesian club Pelita Jaya FC in February. Skipper Mohd Amri Yahyah, Rudie Ramli, Mohd Fadzli Saari and R. Sreetharan, the other forwards in the squad, have failed to deliver.

Amirulhadi scored two goals for the Klang Valley Giants in the four friendly matches he played and he believes that he is up to the task to get the goals.

“I don’t see it as big problem for me to step up as the goalscorer for the team and I’m comfortable with my new role,” said Amirulhadi.

“I was tasked to assist the strikers before and I have scored a few goals as well but now the coach wants me to play a bigger role in getting goals in the Malaysia Cup.

“I had missed fair amount of open chances and I’m not really satisfied with my scoring at the moment. My decision making in front of the goal is still lacking but I am confident of doing better when the Malaysia Cup starts.”

The Red Giants ended their seven friendlies matches with four wins, two draws and one defeat.
The 32-time Malaysia Cup winners drew with Felda United (0-0) and Negri Sembilan (1-1), beat Armed Forces (1-0), Malaysia national team (1-0), Sime Darby (1-0), Johor FC (3-1) and lost to defending Malaysia Cup champions Kelantan (0-1).

Selangor’s fortune seems to have deserted them this year as they have nothing to show in the trophy cabinet after finishing third in the Super League and losing in the semi-final of the FA Cup to bitter rivals Kelantan.

Amirulhadi admitted he is unfazed by the pressure to win the Malaysia Cup.

“Pressure to win is something that all players have to face and I’m not too bothered about it.”

“We have a dismal record in the Malaysia Cup for the last two years where we were ousted in the quarter-final and I’m determined to help the team to win the Cup for the 33th time.”

Selangor are drawn in Group D with Kuala Lumpur, T-Team and Police and will start their campaign against T-Team on Sept 6 at the Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah Stadium in Terengganu.

No comments:

Post a Comment