Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Negeri Sembilan continue winning while T-Team regain form

Negeri Sembilan kept their 100 per cent record intact in the Malaysia Cup while the Klang Valley derby between Kuala Lumpur and Selangor turned out to be a bore yesterday.
Negri, the former champions, edged Super League runners-up Terengganu 1-0 in a Group B match in Paroi.

An on-form Hairuddin Omar and Ahmad Fakri Saraani were Negri's most hardworking players in the first half as their darting runs and skill tormented Terengganu's defenders.

Hairuddin almost took his Malaysia Cup tally to four goals but his spectacular scissor kick was saved on the line by Terengganu keeper Sharbinee Allawee in the 12th minute. 
The homesters continued to dominate proceedings and their persistence paid off in the 65th minute through Shahurain Abu Samah.

The midfielder ran through the Terengganu defence before flicking the ball past keeper Sharbinee for the lead.

Negri have collected a maximum of nine points from three matches, and ahead of Terengganu by three points in the group.

Premier League champions PKNS FC recorded a slim 1-0 win over Sime Darby FC for their first victory in the competition.

T-Team regained their form with an impressive 4-0 thrashing of Police in a Group D match in Kuala Terengganu.

T-Team made several changes to their squad after last weekend's defeat to KL by replacing goalkeeper Jibrail Kamaron with Zairi Hafizi Idris and also bringing on striker Haris Safwan, who was a substitute in previous matches.

It took some time before T-Team broke the deadlock through a spectacular Zairo Anuar Zailani's corner kick, which swerved into the back of the net in the 44th minute.

Defender Norhazly Alias scored his third straight goal in the competition, when he headed home Norfarhan Mohamad's cross a minute later.

Fitri Omar added their third when he poked home a rebound in the 66th minute.

Zairo turned provider for T-Team's fourth goal when his pass found an unmarked Norfarhan, who in turn steered the ball past the out rushing Police keeper Hamdan Sairi in the 76th minute.

Kuala Lumpur lead the group by a point after sharing the spoils with Selangor in a 0-0 draw at the Selayang Stadium

Selangor dominated the first half and could have scored on several occasions but for wayward finishing and fine goalkeeping by Norazlan Razali.

Amri Yahyah chipped just over the bar, Razman Roslan sent a free-kick straight at the goalkeeper while Fadzli Saari shot at Norazlan in the space of 10 minutes midway through the half.

Norazlan then twice denied Selangor, first sticking out a leg to block Fadzli's point-blank attempt before tipping Amri's free-kick on to the bar in stoppage time.

In Kuching, Johor FC recorded a crucial 1-0 victory over Sarawak in a Group C match to stay in contention for a spot in the quarter-finals. Veteran striker Eddy Helmi scored a penalty in the 54th minute.

Surprise package Sabah and Perak maintained their supremacy in Group A with each earning three points once again yesterday.

Perak fought hard to edge Kedah 2-1 in a match, which was stopped by the referee for 10 minutes after fans threw flares onto the pitch.

Shafiq Jamal (16th) and Failee Ghazali (38th) scored for Perak while Kedah replied through Khyril Muhymeen (36th).

Zainizam Marjan scored a brace in the 36th and 55th minutes to help Sabah beat Premier League side Johor 3-1 in Kota Kinabalu.

No comments:

Post a Comment