Thursday 10 November 2011

Izzaq Faris delighted over scoring late winner in SEA Games

Izzaq Faris Ramlan stayed true to his word when he scored the winning goal against Thailand to hand Malaysia their first win in Group A of the Sea Games football event.

The forward vowed before the game to show his worth and although he did not start as coach Ong Kim Swee had indicated, he came on with 10 minutes remaining to score in the 85th minute in the 2-1 win.

Izzaq, 21, took his goal well, turning and curling a beautiful effort just inside the far post.

"I was hoping to start but I'm glad I got a chance to play. I not only wanted to score for the team but also hoped to impress whoever was watching this match

"Maybe I might get some international coverage and sign for a big team," said the match-winner, tongue-in-cheek.

Two teenagers also impressed as Syahrul Azwari Ibrahim, 18, and Nazmi Faiz Mansor, 17, produced outstanding performances in attack and midfield respectively.

Nazmi, however, picked up an injury early in the second half and is doubtful for the match against Cambodia on Sunday.

"I'll have to check on him and wait for the doctor's report. We got a few days break, so I hope he'll recover," said coach Ong Kim Swee.

No comments:

Post a Comment