Wednesday 9 November 2011

Izzaq Faris ready to play a part against Thailand in SEA Games

When Izzaq Faris Ramlan woke up on Monday morning, he feared he would have to miss the entire Sea Games football tournament after falling ill and being put on drips.
Izzaq had been suffering from diarrhoea two days before the match against Singapore and his condition took a turn for the worse on the morning of the Group A game.

But after being treated with 1.5 litres of sodium solution, Izzaq was cleared to take his place on the bench and even played the last 13 minutes in the 0-0 draw.

Now he faces a heavy burden when he is due to face Thailand today and tasked with getting a goal or two.
 
"It was the worse experience I've had to endure. I felt so weak and I didn't think I would be able to play. But after the treatment, I felt strong enough but the coach (Ong Kim Swee) did not want to risk playing me from the start.

"I hope to play a bigger part against Thailand and try to score for the team. We need to win and Thailand want to beat us as well, so it's going to be a tough game," said Izzaq, 21, who last scored in the team's 2-0 win over Nepal's senior side in a friendly in Petaling Jaya last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment