Friday 27 January 2012

Ahmad Shakir determined to make the Olympic squad starting line-up

Negeri Sembilan prolific striker Ahmad Shakir Md. Ali, who has answered a call-up for the Asia's Olympic qualifying round, is determined to give his best shot in the selection for the starting line-up.

Having learned his lesson after being ousted from the Olympic squad, Ahmad Shakir, 23, said he realized that the squad needed a striker due to the absence of Izzaq Faris Ramlan and resolved to fill the void.

"I was dropped from the squad for I had failed to rise to the occasion before, but this time around I will use the opportunity to show my worth.

"I will give my best shot as I believe the two goals that I scored in the Super League recently may not be good enough for the starting line-up," he told Bernama after attending a training session along with 24 players at Wisma FAM, Kelana Jaya.

The lanky Izzaq Faris, 22, is recuperating from a knee surgery following an injury sustained during the Indonesian SEA Games in November last year and his absence had opened up opportunities for other strikers, including Ahmad Shakir to fill the void.

Ahmad Shakir, who was a former Harimau Muda A and Kedah player, was a pale shadow of himself when he played for the Olympic squad in an encounter against Pakistan on Feb 23 last year.

After being dropped from the Olympic squad and sat on the Kedah's substitute bench in last season's Super League, he made an astonishing comeback for Negeri Sembilan and scored both goals against Johor FC in their 2-0 win in the Super League on Jan 14.

Malaysia, who are facing an uphill battle after losing three matches in the Asian Zone's Olympics qualifying round, will have to make amend in the fourth match against Bahrain at the Manama National Stadium on Feb 5.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete