Friday, 27 January 2012

Kelantan defender Subramaniam called up for national team

Kelantan centre-back S. Subramaniam is ready to resurrect his international career after being sidelined for three years.

The former Perak player made his senior debut against Indonesia in 2008 and was also in the squads for the 2008 Merdeka Tournament and Myanmar Grand Royal Challenge Cup under national coach B. Sathianathan.

 However, Subra’s career came to a standstill when Perak were hit by financial difficulties.
 It wasn’t until his mentor Sathianathan signed him up for Kelantan in 2010 that his fortunes shone again.

The 27-year-old tough tackling defender became a hit with the Red Warriors, playing a pivotal role in helping the east coast side win the Malaysia Cup that year and the Super League crown last year.

Despite a strong showing in the Super League and a tenacious display when he skippered the Malaysian XI against Chelsea in a friendly last year, Subra still failed to get a spot in the national team.

The exclusion of one of the best centre-backs in the country raised eyebrows and fans went as far as to question national coach Datuk K. Rajagopal’s selection policy.

However, the humble Subra refuses to dwell on the past. He is grateful to be back in the national set-up again after being included in the 27-man squad for the friendlies against Saudi Arabia and the Philippines on Feb 24 and Feb 29 respectively.

“I’m just happy to be back in the national fold after having a successful season with Kelantan last year,” said Subra.

“I’m aware that a lot of people called for my selection following my display against Chelsea. I’m humbled and touched by their support.

“But we must keep in mind that the coach knows best. He (Rajagopal) has his own plans. It’s not a big deal because I obviously wasn’t in his plans back then.”

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete