Friday 6 January 2012

Selangor striker Lelo Mbele looking ahead for challenge

Selangor striker Lelo Mbele has confirmed that he has fully recovered from injury and is looking forward to the season.

Mbele, who is from the Democratic Republic of Congo, said  that his thigh is perfect now and hopes to be in the squad for their opening match against Negri Sembilan on Tuesday.

He also insisted that he will fight for his place in the starting line-up and vowed to prove his worth.

The 24-year-old suffered a ruptured thigh muscle when playing for his former club Al Naser of Kuwait but despite that, Selangor signed him  when he turned up for trials a month ago.

"I feel very good, have no more problems. My comeback is imminent. I can very well imagine being there against Negri. I am ready to help. I feel like before my injury," said Mbele.

Mbele, a member of the Congolese 2006 African Nations Cup team, has played for several leading clubs in  Africa and Asia.

His most memorable outing was with South Africa's Orlando Pirates FC with whom where he scored 20 goals in the 2005-06 season.

Mbele, however, failed to make an impact in Selangor's 2-0 win over Premier League side Pos Malaysia in a friendly last Tuesday. He came on as a substitute and played for 20 minutes but was unimpressive.

"It was only my first match. I need time to adjust with my new team members," said Mbele.

Selangor's other signing is Lebanese defender Ramez Dayoub.

No comments:

Post a Comment