Sunday, 26 January 2014

Selangor loses to Singapore LionsXII again

Francis Doe's late goal gave Kelantan sole possession of top spot and the only 100 per cent record in the Super League yesterday as title rivals Darul Ta'zim and Selangor slumped to away defeats.

Kelantan took advantage of the upsets to open a three-point lead after just two rounds of matches with a 1-0 win over Sarawak, who are the only team without a point, in Kuching.

Defending champions LionsXII maintained their unbeaten record against Selangor in five meetings with a 2-1 win at the Jalan Besar Stadium thanks to Khairul Amri Kamal's stoppage time header while Kuala Terengganu T-Team stunned Darul Ta'zim 1-0.

Malaysia Cup champions Pahang also came unstuck on the road when they were upset 1-0 by unfancied Sime Darby, who also struck the woodwork twice, in Selayang.

Liberia international Doe settled a tight contest at the State Stadium in the 90th minute when he tapped in Mohammad Ghaddar's cutback after the Lebanese forward was sent clear by a precise Badhri Radzi throughball.

Darul Ta'zim failed to capitalise on their opportunities at the Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah Stadium and T-Team, increasingly dominant after they broke the deadlock in the 72nd minute through Patrich Wanggai.

The Indonesian headed into the net after the ball looped up and over the visitors' defence when Evaldo Goncalves headed into the ground off a corner, just 12 minutes after Luciano Figueroa's shot bounced off the base of the post for Darul Ta'zim.

It was the second straight win for T-Team over Darul Ta'zim after their 2-1 win at Larkin in last year's Malaysia Cup.

LionsXII extended their unbeaten home record to 22 matches when Khairul Amri headed past Selangor goalkeeper Farizal Marlias from a corner-kick five minutes into injury time.

Selangor had been set to return with a point after Fitri Shazwan Raduwan's looping header over Izwan Mahbud in the 57th minute cancelled another header by Shakir Hamzah, also from a corner, a minute before half-time.

In Selayang, Pahang were left wondering what went wrong when two former Kuala Lumpur teammates combined to put Sime Darby in front five minutes after half-time.

Just two minutes after hitting the woodwork, Fahrul Razi Kamaruddin headed home left-back Farid Ramli's cross before Mahmoud Al Amnah also struck the frame of goal four minutes later as Sime Darby could have put the match to bed so much earlier.

Perak also left it late for their first win of the season after a stoppage-time strike by Brazilian forward Eliel Da Cruz Guardiano, making his first start, saw Terengganu beaten 1-0 in Ipoh.

No comments:

Post a Comment