Sunday, 9 February 2014

Selangor beat Sime Darby to lead Super League

Brazilian Paulo Rangel fired Selangor to the top of the Super League standings with a brace in a 2-1 win over Sime Darby at the Selayang Stadium after falling behind to an early goal.

Perak tripped up Kelantan 2-1 in Ipoh to climb above LionsXII, who drew with Terengganu 0-0, and Darul Ta'zim while a late goal by Khairan Ezuan Razali moved T-Team off the bottom after a 2-2 draw with Armed Forces.

Selangor, smarting from Tuesday's FA Cup loss to Sarawak, fielded an unchanged line up but were penalised for poor defending after just 72 seconds when Failee Ghazli rifled in the opener from Farderin Kadir's cross.

K. Gurusamy's responded for Selangor with a shot outside the box which hit the post before Rangel grabbed the equaliser five minutes before the break after Sime Darby's defenders failed to cut out Bunyamin Umar's low cross which allowed the Brazilian time to control the ball and pick his spot.

Steve Pantelidis was ruled offside when he headed in Junior Aparecido's free-kick four minutes after the break but Rangel was on hand to head in Hadi Yahya's cross five minutes from time to top the Super League scoring charts with five goals.

Selangor went two points clear of Forces and Terengganu as Sime Darby, who only had one foreign signing in Uzbek midfielder Dilshod Sharofetdinov available, dropped to the bottom of the table with their third league defeat.

Perak continued their surprise start to the season with two youngsters scoring their goals at the Perak Stadium.

An error by Kelantan goalkeeper Khairul Fahmi Che Mat in the 12th minute, when he flapped at the corner kick, allowed Ahmad Sukri Hamid to knock the ball in for his first senior goal.

Mohamed Shawky drew Kelantan level 10 minutes after the break but it was another Perak youngster, Khairul Asyraf Sahizah, who replaced Zelimir Terkes earlier, who scored with a header 12 minutes from time.

T-Team left it late to grab a point against Forces at the Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah Stadium as the action shifted to the field after last Tuesday's off-pitch incident in Johor Baru dominated headlines.

Azlan Ismail scored off a Badrul Hisyam Morris pass after 12 minutes to put T-Team ahead but a rocket by Norfazly Alias from 40 metres made it 1-1 five minutes before half-time.

Bruno Martelotto put Forces 2-1 up on the hour mark with a close-range effort from a Venice Elphi pass before T-Team goalkeeper Shahril Saari kept the host in the game when he saved Juan Manuel Arostegui's 67th-minute penalty.

Khairan then stepped up to slam in a loose ball inside the penalty box in stoppage-time to salvage a point for T-Team.

Super League champions LionsXII were held 0-0 by Terengganu at the Jalan Besar Stadium as Shahfiq Ghani coming closest to breaking the deadlock in the second half with a free-kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment