Wednesday 7 December 2011

Baddrol Bakhtiar may join Indonesian club

Baddrol Bakhtiar could soon be joining Safee Sali at Pelita Jaya if the Indonesian Super League (ISL) club successfully conclude negotiations with Kedah FA.

Malaysia's Sea Games gold medal-winning captain expressed his desire to venture abroad and hopes the Kedah FA will grant him his wish to make the move to Pelita Jaya.


"As a professional player, I would like to broaden my experience in football and playing outside the country is one way of doing so.

"If the offer is right, I'd definitely want to take it up," said Baddrol, 23, after a meet-the-fans session at KL Festival City in Danau Kota, Setapak yesterday.

Baddrol, who underwent a two-week training stint with Chelsea in 2008, is a key figure for Kedah and his departure would be a big blow to the Super League side.

But with tomorrow's deadline for registration of players for the 2012 Malaysian football season fast approaching, Baddrol is hoping for a speedy resolution.

"For now, I am still a Kedah player and I have a contract until the end of 2012. The Indonesian club are  still in negotiations with the Kedah management.

"I will only go if Kedah allow me.  It all depends on Kedah reaching a deal with them. There is not much time left so I hope to get an answer in a day or two," said Baddrol, who scored three goals in Malaysia's Sea Games campaign in Jakarta last month.

Safee, who joined Pelita from Selangor early this year, is one reason Baddrol is keen to make the move. Pelita are set to play in the unsanctioned ISL although that does not concern Baddrol.

"Safee has been telling me what it is like to play in the Indonesian league and offered me advice on how to make the transition.

"I know the Indonesian league is a bit messy but I'm not really worried about that. I just want to play," added Baddrol.

No comments:

Post a Comment