Wednesday 7 December 2011

Kedah captain Baddrol Bakhtiar wants to play in Indonesian league

Malaysian international Baddrol Bakhtiar is eager to join compatriot Safee Sali in the Indonesian Super League (ISL).

Baddrol has received an offer from Safee’s club Pelita Jaya and the Indonesian club are now negotiating with the Kedah Football Association (KFA) for his release. The 22-year-old Baddrol’s contract with Kedah ends only next year.

“If it’s possible I want to play overseas to gain more experience. It’s up to the Kedah FA to decide on my transfer. If it doesn’t go through, I will stay back and help Kedah in the Super League,” said Baddrol, who helped the national Under-23 team retain the SEA Games gold medal last month.

But Kedah coach Wan Jamak Wan Hassan is not too eager to lose his captain for the Super League season, which begins on Jan 10.

“Baddrol is a vital cog in my plans for the next season,” said Wan Jamak yesterday.

“He has spoken to me about playing in Indonesia. I have advised him to think carefully before making a move.”

No comments:

Post a Comment