Tuesday 27 December 2011

Safee Sali wants to remain with Pelita Jaya despite threat of ban

Safee Sali has reiterated his desire to remain at Pelita Jaya FC despite the uncertainty of the Indonesian domestic league, which could be imposed sanctions by Fifa soon.

The national striker has been offered a three-year contract extension with negotiations ongoing.
He is keen to remain with Pelita although he did not rule out a transfer away from the club.
Safee's contract expires on Jan 31.

"I've received several offers but I would like to stay with Pelita as I am a star in Indonesia but it will all depend on the club's final offer," said Safee in Damansara yesterday.

Safee, however, issued a "come and get me" call to those interested in him.

"I am open to dealing with those interested in me," said the top scorer of last year's AFF Cup.

The All Indonesian FA (PSSI) received instructions last week from Fifa to bring all competitions  -- the Premier League (LPI) and the Super League (ISL) -- under its control. Fifa has given PSSI until March 20 to get its house in order or face sanctions.

"As a professional player, the state of Indonesian football worries me but I leave it to the concerned parties to find a solution.

"I have about five years left in my career and I want to make the most of it. My goal is to play in other top leagues," said the 27-year-old.

The player said he had received offers from Germany, Belgium, Kazakhstan, Thailand, India and Vietnam.

Safee  also has an impending trial with English Premier League side Queens Park Rangers.

Pelita have also offered him an attractive three-year contract, with a clause which states that if anything unfavourable occurs during his stay with them, he will be allowed to join either Australia's A-League side Brisbane Roar or Belgium's second division team RCS Vise.

All three clubs are owned by Bakrie Group.

"If I go elsewhere, of course, the package must be better than the one offered by Pelita.

"However, I would not want to join a new club and warm the bench. My desire is to see first-team action."

Safee, who scored seven goals last season,  was confident that PSSI would settle its internal matters before Fifa's deadline.

"As captain of Pelita, I would like to help the club achieve their targets in the ISL. My focus is on the club ....I do not want to think about anything else."

According to his manager Zakaria Rahim, Pelita and 17 other ISL clubs will not accept PSSI's invitation to join the IPL.

"The IPL has little quality and unqualified clubs are playing in it. The club wants the ISL to be reinstated as Indonesia's top league."

"We want an extraordinary meeting (EGM) to be called to resolve this issue as agreed upon in a recent meeting between 452 member clubs under PSSI," said Zakaria.

No comments:

Post a Comment