Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Kelantan beat Singapore in first match of Super League

Kelantan's "Red  Warriors" tamed Super League newcomers Singapore's Lions XII (Singapore's Under-23 squad) winning by a 2-1 margin in their opening match of the 2012 season at the Jalan Besar Stadium in Singapore Tuesday night.

The hosts were the first to score with defender Baihakki Khaizan converting in the 33rd minute but Norshahrul Idlan Talaha dented their hopes when he equalised in the 45th minute after latching on to a cross supplied by Lebanese import Mohammed Ghaddar.

The home fans were more dissapointed when Kelantan, the defending champions, scored the winning goal through a penalty awarded by referee Nafeez Abdul Wahab in the 81st minute.

This is the first time Singapore are back playing in the M-League after  pulling out 17 years ago.

Besides Kelantan, Sarawak, Felda United, Perak, T-Team and Johor FC also took home three full points in their opening matches Tuesday night.

Sarawak defeated Kuala Lumpur 2-0 at Stadium Negeri in Kuching with the goals supplied by K.Ravindran and Hairol Mokhtar in the 71st and 80th minutes respectively.

Club side T-Team defeated former local soccer giants Kedah 3-0 at the Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah in Kuala Terengganu.

T-Team midfielder Mohd Hafiz Mohd Noor scored a brace with goals in the 12th  and 29th minutes before Zairo Anuar Zalani punished Kedah further, scoring the third goal in the 33rd minute.

Perak edged Terengganu 1-0 at the Stadium Perak in Ipoh with the winning goal netted by their Serbian import, Michal Kubala in the 75th minute.

At the Petaling Jaya Stadium in Kelana Jaya, Selangor PKNS lost 1-2 to  Johor FC.

Meanwhile, "Red Giants" Selangor played to 2-2 draw against Negeri Sembilan  at the Tuanku Abdul Rahman Stadium in Paroi.

Both of Selangor's goals were scored by Jean Effa Owona in the 3rd minute and 34th minute (penalty) respectively while Negeri Sembilan's by Amirulhadi Zainal (66th minute) and Safiq Rahim (73rd minute penalty).

Earlier, in an afternoon match, Felda United defeated Sabah 2-0 at the Hang Jebat Stadium in Melaka.

Mohd Raimi Md Nor netted Felda United's first goal in the 26th minute followed by Yong Kuong Yong who found the net three minutes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment