Sunday, 11 March 2012

Selangor wastes two goal lead to crash out to Johor FC in FA Cup

Johor FC staged an amazing recovery from two goals down and playing with 10 men for over 100 minutes to knock Selangor out of the FA Cup through a penalty shootout in a dramatic second round tie in Pasir Gudang yesterday.

After Azi Shahril Azmi was dismissed when booked a second time with barely 17 minutes gone, Azidan Sarudin scored on the half-hour mark as he finished off a cross from Fitri Shazwan Raduan to put Selangor ahead.

Selangor were 2-0 up in the 56th minute when Solilhin Kanasian's corner came back off the post for Asraruddin Putra Omar to knock in before Johor FC stunned the visitors when first Arthuro Bernhardt set up Fauzi Shaari to score a minute later before the Brazilian grabbed the equaliser in the 68th minute to force extra-time.

Johor FC won the shootout 5-4 in sudden-death after Solihin Kanesian put Selangor's sixth penalty attempt wide after Zambri Chin had converted his.

Kelantan stayed on track to win the FA Cup for the first time when they beat Kuala Lumpur 3-2 at the Sultan Mohammed IV Stadium and they will next meet FAM League side Public Service Commission who defeated Cambodians Preah Khan Reach 1-0 thanks to striker Zulkifli Affendi Zakri's 52nd minute winner in Bukit Jalil.

Norfarhan Mohammad opened the scoring in the 30th minute for Kelantan after finishing off a quick break before KL drew level in the 39th minute when Afiq Azmi headed home in Hishamuddin Othman's cross.

But Kelantan needed just four minutes to regain the lead through Indra Putra Mahayuddin before Badhri Radzi scored in the 70th minute to make it 3-1. Fazuan Abdullah pulled one back for KL in stoppage time.

Defending champions Terengganu edged Perak 1-0 in Kuala Terengganu after Ashaari Samsudin swiveled to score after Francis Doe's free-kick had come off the Perak wall four minutes into first-half stoppage time while Singapore's LionsXII also advanced to the last eight after Shahril Ishak broke Premier League side Betaria's resistance in the 55th minute before Sufian Annuar made it 2-0 six minutes from time at the Jalan Besar Stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment