Saturday 10 March 2012

Terengganu striker Manaf Mamat postpones honeymoon to play against Perak in FA Cup

The honeymoon can wait for Manaf Mamat, who married his childhood sweetheart Sabihah Johan, in Kuala Terengganu yesterday.

The 25-year-old said all honeymoon plans will have to wait until after Terengganu take on Perak in the FA Cup second round at Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah Stadium today.

The striker, who scored Terengganu's winning goal in the 1-0 AFC Cup win over Song Lam Nghe An in Vinh, Vietnam on Tuesday, said the cup tie is too important for him to miss.

"We are the defending champions and our fans will never forgive us if we fail to progress to the quarter-finals.

"I am not sure if coach Mat Zan (Mat Aris) will let me play but I will be with the team at the stadium," he said when met at the bride's residence in Taman Permint Jaya.

Manaf said his wife has long been an ardent Terengganu fan and she will be at the stadium rooting for her team.

"Everyone knows Perak will not be easy to tame, even in our own backyard and all of us will be doing our part to help our team.

"As for me, I can hardly wait to play and score again as it took me a while to score my first goal this season."

No comments:

Post a Comment